Wednesday 1 December 2010

Elnur Mahmudov artist at 87 St James's Street gallery on the 9th December 2010


Elnur Makhmudov was born in Baku (Azerbaijan) in 1977 in the family of a professional chemist. Though his father’s dreams were aimed on having someone who would inherit his achievements in chemistry and build on them further, it was obvious that the power of art had flooded his family. Elnur’s elder sister has found herself as a dressmaker, his middle sister a musician and his younger sister absorbed in literature. He himself was greatly attracted to fine arts, being impressed greatly by the paintings of Leonardo Da Vinci and Rembrandt.
            He decided to be a painter when he was in year 7 at school and after that he was preparing himself to apply to the art school named after A.Azimzade in Baku.
            Elnur had already taken a firm step into the world of art by the time he had graduated from high school in 1994.
-          “When I got into the art school I proudly started to think that I’m now an artist, I can do everything. After studying a year I understood that there was still a lot to learn and a lot to work on. I was just entering the world of art, which has opened its doors for me and I could see that the life I have chosen for myself lies behind those doors”.
After graduating from art school in 1998 he became a member of the Union of Artists of Azerbaijan and continued education from 2002 until 2006 at the Azerbaijan State Academy of Artists.
In 2000 he received an invitation from the collective exhibition in Turkey where twelve of his paintings were successfully exhibited. Many private collections in the USA, Russia, Norway, Great Britain, Portugal, Turkey, Canada, Kuwait and Azerbaijan have became home to paintings created by Elnur Makhmudov who took part in many national and international exhibitions. 
In 2007 he married a very talented artist just like himself and had a child.
-          “… our artistic styles are different and it helps us both to improve. She isn’t just a wife, but also my friend and colleague. She helps me to polish my art, making it blossom and shine for people…”
Elnur has started his artistic career in formalism and created many beautiful portraits and then changed to hyperrealism, painting still life.
-          “I love what I do and it would give me great pleasure to share it with the people of London”

No comments:

Post a Comment